a blogger's nth attempt at sharing life and passions while still hiding behind her laptop

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 Mega Book-reading Extravaganza!!!

I am not typically a resolution-maker, but I think that this year I think a commitment to self-development is appropriate and necessary. Therefore, I've decided to commit to catching up on the reading of many a book I've acquired only to let them collect dust in my room.

To hold myself accountable in that department, I'm going to post about them on here: please feel free to shoot some recommendations/thoughts/critiques/etc my way. I'd also definitely appreciate some of your personal insights on any book that I finish--I thrive on discussion!

To get the ball rolling, I read my first Sherlock Holmes detective story, A Study in Scarlet, over the past two days. All I can say, is that I was definitely mystified by his intellect and reason (as I certainly should've been), and that it made me chuckle more than a little at the very complex story behind the crimes committed (and, of course, it is only fitting that the secret societies and cults in the United States receive some attention...). Has anyone also read it? I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home